>The auction part of ebay isn't the important part, though. The
>reputation aspect is the key part

James,

Clearly we are talking about two different things. I am talking about
selling goods via Internet and how some of our clients cannot get easy
access to Ebay and there are (yet?) no other alternatives that can match
the Ebay client base.

You (if I understood correctly) are talking about some sort of a global
reputation system, which I do not completely get. Surely, reputation is
not just a number - one can be a reputable Ebay seller, but a cheating
husband. And if I just want to buy something from this guy, do I need
all this extra "info"?

As to the viability of such a system I think privacy is a very big
issue, and just as Ebay shows - every such system is prone to fraud.

This is just my opinion.

Best Regards,

Julie Donska
Customer Support
Gold-cash.biz: Digital Exchange. The safe way.
Web: http://www.gold-cash.biz
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hushmail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ICQ: 271396462