Thanks everyone for this latest informative discussion. Just a few words to
add.

I'm happy to see the positive feedback on the Fidex debit card. This is
something we have worked particularly hard on over the last couple of years.
We have a very good and close working relationship with Loyal Bank who have
proven excellent and reliable during this time. I know our cards are not the
cheapest out there, and we have occasional administrative glitches like
everyone else, but I believe we now have the longest running e-gold fundable
debit card program. We have built it up steadily over a couple of years and
have established a very secure base. The few times we have had problems, the
bank came to us to discuss how to solve them. We have regular personal
meetings with the bank, and we have the direct email and cellular phone
number of the President.

Our bank does *not* just cancel or block all our cards, as some banks
particularly in Latvia and the USA have done to other exchangers. In all
these cases, the banks somehow irresponsibly issued cards outside the terms
of their Mastercard licences. Then they were forced to cancel and recall the
cards. This happened with Parex, Lateko, Chexcard,  Netspend, E-Count and
others. American Express even ran a prepaid card trial and then withdrew it.
It will continue to happen with banks which are new to this business.

We would like to issue Mastercards or Visa cards but for the moment we see
no way of doing so. We are constantly monitoring the situation. All of these
programs are currently unstable IMO. I have no personal experience with
E-Bullion's but it seems to be the only one that works reliably and it is
only available to US residents.

Many of the so-called Visa cards which people are plugging are not proper
Visa cards even though they bear a Visa logo. They are Visa cash cards which
work on the Plus ATM network amongst others. They do *not* work in merchants
which accept only normal Visa cards, and neither do they work for internet
transactions at merchants which claim to accept Visa. If you are considering
buying such a card, you should be very clear in advance on what you are
ordering. We have Visa themselves to thank for creating this confusion.

The only Visa product we currently have available is the VIRTUAL VISA CARD
which we set up on request for our existing clients. This is fundable by
e-gold and should work at all merchants that accept Visa cards, with the
possible exception of some in the USA which will only accept cards which
pass the AVS (address verification) test. That effectively means they only
accept cards issued by US banks with billing addresses in the USA.

Maestro (the card we issue) is Mastercard's "Electronic use only" card,
equivalent to Visa's Electron brand. It is a product we are very happy
promoting. If only Mastercard would get in gear and make it more acceptable
in the USA and on the internet, then it would be the perfect product. This
is something they are doing and hopefully it won't take too long. Apart from
the USA, it works very nicely worldwide in both merchants and ATMs.

In summary if you are looking for a card to use mainly in the USA, then
based on recent recommendations E-Bullion's sounds the best. For the rest of
the world, I can honestly recommend our card which is available at
http://e-fidex.com

If anyone needs more sophisticated banking services we are very happy to
advise on and introduce you to reliable, friendly bankers. We have recently
set up a subsidiary, Magnum Worldwide, which does just that and it can be
found at http://www.fastbankaccounts.com  Anyone interested is also welcome
to contact me via [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-----
Regards
Nick Scott
Marketing Director - European Representative Office
Fidex Financial Services Group
http://www.e-fidex.com