--- Katz Global Media <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> http://money.cnn.com/2003/10/29/pf/debt/counterfeit_20_found/index.htm?cnn=yes
>
> what took them so long?

Yeah; I was kinda waiting for this sorta story, myself.

Some thoughts:

> By definition, the discovery of a counterfeit note means an attempt
> at fraud has been thwarted.

Hardly.  It's certainly possible, but it's also likely that an employee has
already accepted the bill as payment, and a manager, etc., detected this
after going through the till.

> "We see this every time there's a new note put into circulation --
> people try to challenge the system,"

Not just that.  Even (or especially) when people know that the new bills
are coming out, if they haven't yet had a chance to inspect a real one yet,
it's quite possible that they'll think, "Oh, it's different, but it's
*supposed*  to be different, so it's ok."

=====
-- David Beroff ([EMAIL PROTECTED])   Founder/CEO, note.com LLC
P.O. Box 234, Jenkintown, PA 19046-0234 (USA)   http://LeadFactory.com
Voice: +1 (215) 576-6800   Personal journal: http://David.Beroff.com

I made $10,000 the first day I started reading this book!
You can have it for free:  http://note.com/success/rich.pl