> > Not true. If the average person produces more than he consumes, it
> > means
> > there is a lot of produce rotting away unsold.
> > What's so good about that?
>
> Danny, you are just being contentious.  I was talking about saving.  Of
> course you have to SELL what you produce (or keep it for your own use)
> if you want to save anything.  Of course it's bad for a farmer to grow
> 300 acres of tomatoes he can't sell, just letting them rot in the field.

Nothing contentious.
It is something I have been pointing out before.

For example the average person in your economy produces 500oz worth of
goods, but spends only 400oz
The simple result is that an average of 100oz worth of goods per person
remains unsold, and rotting away if it are undurable goods.

In an economy we cannot avoid the law: revenue(income) = spending
The 'spending' includes both spending for consumption and spending on new
equipments (investing)

So, if the average person spends less (with the idea of saving more), the
result is that he earns less.

It is possible for some people to 'save', but then you need other people who
spend more than they earn by borrowing or taking away from their 'savings'.

Danny