Dear Patrick and Frank,

No, Patrick, the interface at e-gold.com did not always
force you to choose units.

Previously, and you may remember the discussion on this list
or visit the archive to check, the user community "voted" to
have "grams" be the default unit for e-gold spends.

Well, one of the exchangers recently spent a few hundred
grams when he meant to spend a few hundred dollars worth
of gold.  It wasn't me, and I won't name names as it is
a little embarrassing.  Obviously, we are all human, and
errors happen.

By having the system to default to "choose" instead of to
"grams" this particular error is less likely.

So, Frank is right to be enthusiastic.  And, you aren't
missing much - just a little history.

I suppose this would be a good time to point out that
counting noses never helped anything. <smile>

Regards,

Jim
 http://www.gdcaonline.org/

--- You are currently subscribed to e-gold-list as: [EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe send a blank email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Use e-gold's Secure Randomized Keyboard (SRK) when accessing your e-gold account(s) via the web and shopping cart interfaces to help thwart keystroke loggers and common viruses.