On Thursday, November 20, 2003, at 12:06 PM, Robert B.Z. wrote:

How about agreeing that people who get their metal stolen because they use
too easy a password or have it on a postit next to their monitor *deserve*
to loose their stash because it keeps them among other pedestrians and
stuck with ugly chicks? In that way they stay pretty much out of our gene
pool and give Darwin a chance...

:-)

Yes, it's generally better not to shield them too much so they can learn sooner. Better to log in through an email link today and lose 10 grams than to do it next year and lose 200 grams.

Remember how it was when kids beat each other up and got stronger from it
instead of their parents being sued?

Yes, I remember. Nobody died and we still have all our teeth.

Remember how we rode our bikes without helmets, brakes and lights, crashed
twice a year, broke limbs and teeth?

Yes, we rode 'em something fierce, racing, jumping, occasionally crashing and losing some hide on the asphalt.

Remember how caring parents actually let us burn ourselves ever so
slightly so we'd get an idea why they kept saying it was dangerous?

Yep. We learned.

Remember when human interaction didn't involve the constant scare of who
will sue you next?

Hell yeah.

I also remember when people quit smoking "cancer sticks" as they were commonly called in the 1970's instead of waiting around for emphysema to set in so they could sue the cigarette manufacturers.

Or, some people just CUT BACK on smoking or drinking, moderating their consumption. That concept is somewhat anathema in today's irrational Zero Tolerance culture.

-- Patrick

--- You are currently subscribed to e-gold-list as: [EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe send a blank email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Use e-gold's Secure Randomized Keyboard (SRK) when accessing your e-gold account(s) via the web and shopping cart interfaces to help thwart keystroke loggers and common viruses.