Hi George,

Thanks for your comments/suggestions.

FileMatrix wrote:
Me either. Email is an insecure medium,

If the currency operator informs the users about never including clickable URLs in the emails they send, most users are protected. This would be a good feature in Sidd's system, as he said Pecunix sends emails to users.

Good point.

Here is an example of how the signed emails could look like:
====================================
<Email content>
If you would like to verify that we (company X) are the sender of this
email, please copy (without the quotes) and paste the link between the
following qoutes in the address bar of your Internet browser:
"ww.checkingservice.com". Please make sure to add a "w" character before the
link.

Actually the last sentence is unnecessary, simply leave out the "ww." completely.

For pecunix, ww.checkingservice.com should, of course, be
ww.pecunix.com/money.refined...ref.pgpsignature

Hence, the Pecunix link would be "pecunix.com/money.refined...ref.pgpsignature"

Pecunix gives you 3 different access levels to your one account.
I guess there are 3 different passwords, one for each level, right?

Yes, sort of... see next e-mail in this thread.

By the way, on the "Downloads" page from Pecunix, there is a link to
http://winpt.org/. WinPT doesn't exist anymore.

Oops, thanks for the pointer... bug bounty in your Pecunix account. they have moved to <http://winpt.sourceforge.net/en/>

And what's with
http://www.siddley.net/? It has no links, not even a contact email address?!

Heh, too many e-mails George! We are so busy we can't take on any more work and it gets depressing always sending "sorry can't do" e-mails to enquirers... The site is purely to inform the curious of who we are and what we do.

Regards,

Sidd.

Use e-gold's Secure Randomized Keyboard (SRK) when accessing your e-gold account(s) via the web and shopping cart interfaces to help thwart keystroke loggers and common viruses.