Dear Jim,

Jim Davidson wrote:
One of the things I'm not clear about is how one goes
about logging into a Pecunix account with less than full
access.

Log in to your Pecunix account with full access and click "Account Details" > "Access Levels"

Look for "Limited Access" and "Click here to view or update your PIK for this access level"

This will reveal your limited access PIK... use the limited access PIK to log in with limited access, and likewise use your read-only PIK for read-only access.

You can also activate PGP security for your account by clicking "Account Details" > "PGP Security"

For those who only use one computer and who have a fixed IP address, the IP security is also available (George?)

Sidd, it seems to me that you should keep the high level of
security for full access.  Perhaps lower-level access could
be obtained using PGP only?

The thing is Jim, despite what the detractors say, Pecunix does have a much higher level of security than the competing DGC's and it is NOT DIFFICULT to use! There is no need to have lower levels of access security.

Or maybe those who want to risk the keystroke loggers and
clipboard loggers can set their accounts to a more open
approach.  I don't know.

I think this is unnecessary, the Pecunix system works well, and is really not difficult. There is enough evidence to suggest that we need to help users to protect themselves, despite their best efforts to the contrary.

If it were possible it would require running a program (such
as activex) from the browser... a definitely BAD idea.

Isn't ActiveX one of those dramatically bad ideas of the Microsofties? I thought it was pretty much limited to Internet Exploder?

Yes, I think so... the alternative would be Java... either way, it is never a good idea to run any type of program from a browser... it is open to all kinds of abuse... Imagine the fun that copycat sites could have if the user was actually willing (and expecting) the site to download a program to the browser!

Regards,

Sidd.

--- You are currently subscribed to e-gold-list as: [EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe send a blank email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Use e-gold's Secure Randomized Keyboard (SRK) when accessing your e-gold account(s) via the web and shopping cart interfaces to help thwart keystroke loggers and common viruses.