> This person wants me to refund the difference in the cost of the e-gold
> when he delivered it to us, after he cancelled his order, and we refunded
> him. He gave us $580 USD worth of e-gold
> Apparantly, the value of gold reduced by some $13 odd!
> Graham Kelly CEO

> The ethical way to deal with a situation like this is to return the
> exact amount of gold by weight to the customer, not the USD value.
>
> Sidd.

Why is that the case when the transaction was done in USD, and the
site/emails contain notices stating such an eventuality?

If the reverse had happened, and the exact weight was returned, the client
would be raising hell that $580 was spent, but only ~$567 (minus fees) was
refunded.

A transaction should be unraveled in the same manner that it was entered.

Or do you mean ...
"The ethical way is to always take the short end of the stick, regardless
of circumstances"

Which is an extreme version of "The customer is always right"

Viking Coder