Hi, List

I'm playing with two Intel 10 Gigabit CX4 Dual Port Server Adapters located
at two different machines and connected by network cables directly. These
two cards sit on two x8 PCIe slots.

The tuning I did includes setting interrupt affinity and process affinity,
using jumbo frames, and changing related kernel network parameters.
Basically, I referred to the following two documents.

1) 10 Gb Ethernet,
www.redhat.com/promo/summit/2008/downloads/pdf/Thursday/Mark_Wagner.pdf
2) Linux kernel documentation,
http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/networking/ixgb.txt

For one pair of ports located at two different machines, the maximum TCP
throughput I could get is about 8900Mb/s. This number just comes from
setting interrupt affinity and using jumbo frames. Changing other parts of
the system configuration could not give me a better number.

Can I get a higher throughput with more tuning or this is what I can get
from CX4 adapters?

Thanks.

Jiaqing Du