Thank you for your reply.

But, I already read it.
According to MSDN, If packets that have the same source and destination
ip address are coming, then its processing CPU index or number should be
the same. but, at least in Linux, It's not.
I mean current CPU (return value of smp_processor()) is not the same.
(in fact, I'm not concern CPU number)
But there are some rules.
I've traced ixgbe device driver source code (version 1.3.64).
and I got a result like below.(I already said in my previous posting.)

If indirection table entry value have 1, then rx queue number 6,2 are
always selected.
if it is 2, then 5 and 1. and so on.
I means every one of indirection table entry value is matched two of rx
queue index.

at this time, It's better to say about my brief testing environment.

NIC : one of 82598EB AF 10G
CPU : two of Quad-Core Xeon (It means 8 cpu cores, 8 rx queues and 8 tx
queue by MSI-X)
device driver : ixgbe version 1.3.56.17 (Yes, I know current version is
2.0.x.x) without DCA and LRO, with MSI-X
OS : Linux kernel version 2.6.28-11 (Ubuntu server)

Focus of my testing is if RSS is work properly in Linux (If I have right
understanding about RSS),
then every indirection table entry - as you already know, its index
number is computed by RSS hash function -
should select just one of rx queue.
(I'm afraid that you are getting me wrong because of my poor English.)
If I can, there is a way, then I'd like to change it like this :
one to one mapping between indirection table entry value and rx qeueu index.
I mean if source and destination IP address is the same, posting rx
queue have to be fixed.

Thank you.

Best regards.

Brandeburg, Jesse 쓴 글: