We're having an issue with bonding not working properly with specific versions
of the ixgbe driver. Let me start by describing the setup.
Server is running CentOS 5.4 with kernel 2.6.18-164.15.1.el5. The server has a
dual port X520 card. We are trunking two VLAN's to each interface via an Arista
switch. We are bonding the VLAN's across the two ports using active/failover.
Ie bond0 has eth0.100 and eth1.100 as its members and bond1 has eth0.101 and
eth1.101 as its members. Bond0's primary interface is set to eth1.100 and
bond1's primary is set to eth0.101.

For bonding options we're using:
In ifcfg-bond0:
BONDING_OPTS="miimon=100 mode=1 primary=eth1.100"
In ifcfg-bond1:
BONDING_OPTS="miimon=100 mode=1 primary=eth0.101"

When using driver 2.0.75.5 and 2.0.84.9 everything works perfectly. When using
2.1.4 and 3.3.9 this only works if both bonds use the same primary interface.

Other strangeness:
When it's not working, pinging the host from another linux box on the network
gives me nothing, but when the box is powered off I get "Destination Host
Unreachable"
When running a tcpdump on the VLAN interface that is supposed to be active with
the newer drivers, I do see traffic incoming, but it never responds to it.

Any help with ideas/suggestions/is this a bug/etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian