Hi,
On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 03:48:38PM -0700, Alexander Duyck wrote:
> On 06/20/2012 02:48 AM, Joerg Roedel wrote:

> If you are working on a recent kernel you should be able to overcome the
> BIOS issues.  I believe there are the options "pci=assign-busses" if the
> BIOS doesn't place enough buses on the bridge to support SR-IOV, and
> there is "pci=realloc" which will reassign the MMIO resources to make
> enough room for VF MMIO bars.

Thanks for all your help, it turned out to be a bug in the AMD IOMMU
driver. The pdev->dev didn't get the right dma_ops struct assigned so
that mapping requests actually never made it to the IOMMU driver. This
only happened with hotplugged and VFs of SR-IOV devices. Too bad, but I
sent a fix for that and it work now again. Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

        Joerg

--
AMD Operating System Research Center

Advanced Micro Devices GmbH Einsteinring 24 85609 Dornach
General Managers: Alberto Bozzo
Registration: Dornach, Landkr. Muenchen; Registerger. Muenchen, HRB Nr. 43632