I think you are going to have some issue because you are trying to have the HW
do some filtering which a driver (or existing user-space tool) would need to be
in communications with your application to do this.  That's why the PF_RING is
processing all the packets.  In your case you are trying to use some driver
functions but then want to do other things in user-space.

You should also be careful using the term zero-copy as it has a lot of
different meanings over the years.

Have you looked at DPDK from another group here at Intel?  Go to www.intel.com
and search on DPDK to find out all about it.

Cheers,
John