Just to you and e1000-devel

Hi Daniel,

These types of link partner problems do come up.  Most times there is nothing
that the end-point system  can do about it as the actual problem is on the
router/switch side of things.  The way end-points get around things like this
is start the whole link process again which it looks the driver is doing.  So
other than it taking a short amount of time to re-establish link there are no
side effects doing this.  That's all that happens correct?  If you were able to
plug the end-point system into another router/switch port from another
manufacturer or back-to-back to another system you probably won't see the
problem.

Btw, the cheaper the router/switch the more likely you'll run into things like
this.  It's all about the quality and validation that goes into the HW.  If the
manufacturer doesn't spend the time and money to do it the customers see issues
like this.

Hope this helps (at least a little).  Sorry we can't be more help for things
like this.

Cheers,
John