Answered my own question, from the xeon-e5-1600-2600-vol-2-datasheet.pdf
where the hex values line up with the options I see. It seems my board
(SuperMicro X9DRW-iF) defaults to 0x2 (128us). I will try 0x1 (32us) and
report back.

In the meantime, I've tried to do some googling to determine what this
function actually controls, but can't seem to find anything helpful. Can
you point me to a resource that describes what this setting controls for my
own understanding?

Thanks,

Scott Silverman | IT | Simplex Investments | 312-360-2444
230 S. LaSalle St., Suite 4-100, Chicago, IL 60604