From: Tantilov, Emil S [mailto:emil.s.tanti...@intel.com]
Sent: 27 February 2014 00:52
To: Vijay Agrawal; Fujinaka, Todd; e1000-de...@lists.sf.net
Subject: RE: [E1000-devel] ixgbe-3.17.3 :VLAN tagged packets does not work when
using PF-PACKET socket ,

By "this" do you mean you defined HAVE_8021P_SUPPORT in kcompat.h for the
kernel that you are using? Did you do this on both ends and the receiving
interface is in promisc mode?

>Ethernet packets with VLAN tag in it. Our requirement is to be able to
>receive VLAN tagged Ethernet packets with PF PACKET socket  even if
>that particular vlan is not configured on the interface via  "vconfig"
>utility.  This is

You should be able to see the vlan packets even if the vlan is not configured
on the interface and stripping is disabled.

Which kernel version are you using?

Thanks,
Emil