On (02/25/16 18:53), Anna Fischer wrote:

> I'm running Linux 4.3.3 (Gentoo) and standard igb drivers. I have
> trouble with the performance of IPSec on my platform. The platform
> has Intel Ethernet Controller I211 (1GbE) and Intel Atom CPUs (4-core)
> from the C2000 product family.

yes, we talked about this at some length at Netdev 1.1:

http://www.netdevconf.org/1.1/talk-securing-traffic-tunnelled-over-l3-sowmini-varadhan.html

and

http://www.netdevconf.org/1.1/bof-ipsec-performance-steffen-klassert.html

(slides and other material should be uploaded to the site soon)

some factors that cause perf deterioration are the loss of
segmentation offload for ipsec traffic, and the loss of RPS/RFS. We're
currently working on fixing some of these things..

--Sowmini