On 03/17/2016 10:20 AM, zhuyj wrote:
On 03/16/2016 10:36 PM, Sowmini Varadhan wrote:
On (03/16/16 19:46), zhuyj wrote:

It is busy today. Tomorrow I will share the steps about pktgen tools.
Ok. I can give that a try on my machine. It would be good to
have some way to reproduce this as simply as possible, maybe
we can take the discussion to netdev to see if others there
have experienced this.

--Sowmini

1. modprobe NET_PKTGEN

2. download the tar file and uncompress to any directory.
This tar file is from kernel. It is in samples/pktgen/
Sorry. The tar file is in the attachment. Please check it.

Zhu Yanjun

3. cd pktgen

4. pktgen_sample02_multiqueue.sh -i ethx -s size -t cpu_number

If size is set to a big number, the similar defect will occur.
Adjust this size to a appropriate number, my defect will not occur.

In the test, I found some types igb nic, such as i210, will work well no matter the size is a big number.
some nic, such as 82580, it will not work well if the size is too big.

As such, I think my problem results from the hardware and the big size triggers this problem.

I hope this can help us all.

Zhu Yanjun