On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 7:57 PM, Fujinaka, Todd <todd.fujin...@intel.com> wrote:
> It's still not clear what exactly your setup is. Have you checked the README
> for changes to the VLAN Tab Packet Steering?
>
> Todd Fujinaka

Hello Todd,

Thanks for the answer.
Not sure I understand your question, but I'll do my best to explain.
Please forgive me if I'm missing something important.

We use the i40e NICs as dumb packet capture cards. In 'dumb' I mean:
Each any every packet that comes off the wire, no matter what Ethernet
protocol, VLAN tag or IP address/protocol, must enter the
i40e_clean_rx_irq with no exceptions.
We don't use VFs and SR-IOV. (We do our best to disable them).

We successfully employ e1000, e1000e, igb, ixgbe and i40e (v1.1, v1.2)
to capture network traffic. For some reason i40e v1.5 doesn't work.

I checked VLAN packet steering, but as far as I can understand its
only relevant when SR-IOV is enabled.
(Plus, we have no prior information which VLAN tags are used by the
network we monitor)

Thanks,
- Gilboa