From: Fujinaka, Todd [mailto:todd.fujin...@intel.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 02 January, 2018 10:54 PM
To: Buchholz, Donald; Avi Cohen (A)
Subject: RE: [linux.n...@intel.com] x540 / 82599 IPsec offload - Linux ixgbe
driver

We did not support IPsec offloads in Linux because the kernel maintainers
didn’t trust any crypto implementation that they couldn’t audit and told us
those patches wouldn’t be accepted. I don’t know if that’s changed.

The implementation of IPsec offloads is being done by an Oracle engineer and I
would suggest contacting him directly with your questions.

Todd Fujinaka
Software Application Engineer
Datacenter Engineering Group
Intel Corporation