Hi,

On 3/25/19 9:12 PM, Fujinaka, Todd wrote:
This is going to take a bit of time to see what we need to do. The attachments
were stripped but I think just figuring out what they had to change in the
Realtek driver will tell us what we need to know.

I'm not sure fixing this in the ethernet driver is the best way to go,
the board in question is an embedded PC and I've also recently received
a bug report about a similar problem with the consumer not requesting
the pmc clocks causing a HSIC usb hub to not work.

I think that it might be better to restore the CLK_IS_CRITICAL workaround
for this, but then only on select boards, based on DMI matching.

I've added a bunch of relevant people / lists to the Cc.

Andy, Stephen, what is your take on this ?

I'm myself starting to believe the DMI based applying of the
CLK_IS_CRITICAL workaround is the best solution here.

Regards,

Hans

Todd Fujinaka
Software Application Engineer