From: "Lars Vogel" <lars.vo...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, August 8, 2014 3:06:37 AM
Subject: Re: [e4-dev] e4 tools cleanup

Hi Steven,

we should use the new translation mechanism introduced in Eclipse Luna which is
based on Pojos. This approach allows you to keep all translation files in the
OSGI-INF/i18n folder.

Are you familiar with this development? If not I write something up and send it
to you.

Best regards, Lars

I am planning doing a sweep through e4 tools and adding all nls strings to
property files this weekend, unless anybody has objections to many files being
changed at this time.

I was going to do this several months ago, but the tooling(externalize string
wizard) was giving me issues when trying to put the strings into a different
package using the new eclipse approach. So instead, I wrote a patch that would
allow us to do so. https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/26196/ . Bug 434261 - [nls
tooling] Allow selection of property file not in source folder. Without this
patch, either each string needs to be entered into the java and properties file
manually, or the translation files need to be in the same package as the
source. This would result in many pairs of translation files.

Does anybody object to a pair of translation files in each package? Having
multiple files does have the advantage of minimizing merge conflicts.

Steven Spungin