Hi K.,

> Thank you Paul for your points supproting the practice, I do appreciate
> them, and this is a good insight, but I was asking about 19th century. In
> fact Sor's and Aguado's comments are far from being supportive: they offer
> at least the same quantity of reservations than supporting opinions.

You do not get it. Sor used it!
His technique is compatible with it, what more can you say. He did not use
it all the time, but that is not the point, as I pointed out.
As an aside, I very much believe that Sors approach actually started out as
a LFST, a thing he nicely worked under the table later, presenting various
Very Important Reasons for his three finger bias (three is of course the
natural amount of fingers presented to the strings with the LFST - the
fourth is normally outside the plane of the strings).

>> There are many ways to play the guitar, but I like this one, it might be
>> the most direct and intuitive.

> This is interesting - I think that "Segovia" is the most direct and
> intuitive. Clearly, it depends on "school" you grown as a guitaris in.

Not.
I learned the Segovia technique inside out. But I also learned other
techniques (every guitar type sounds best with its own technique). You can
only compare techniques when you know more than one.

Regards
PP