Dnia 17-10-2005 o godz. 13:32 Paul Pleijsier napisa³(a):
> To Krzysztof Komarnicki,
>
> Hi K,
> is it possible that you had a great great great (or so) grandfather who
> took
> part in the Brussels concours for guitar composition of 1856? He name
> was
> translated into English as "Komarny".

Unfortunately all family archives burned during WWII. Only legends are left.
According to my grandfather's cousin, our grand....grandfather came to Poland
1410 from Komarno (now border village between Hungary and Slovakia) to take
part in a Battle near Grunwald. It was one of the greatest battles of late
mediaevi. He entered the service of Polish king, and apparently was offered
something in return after the battle was eventually won by Poles. Or perhaps he
just met a nice girl.
As you see, we have now no family connection with many people of former
Austro-Hungarian imperium that come from Komarno and bear same or similar names
(like Komarny quoted by you or even Komarnicki - two Hungarian brothers,
pioneer explorers of Tatra mountains).

It is a pity. It would be so nice to have such a grandpa and to keep his
manuscripts on the shelves....!

KK

Wejd¼ na strone: Halloween.wp.pl i WYGRAJ "czarci" rejs dla siebie
i osoby towarzysz±cej! Wyruszycie w podró¿ nowym promem Stena Line!
Stañ oko w oko z duchami i zobacz kto jest lepszy - Kliknij:
http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=www.halloween.wp.pl&sid=535