In his Method Sor gives full score of a fregment from Haydn's oratorio (The
Creation, I think) and then provides the reduction of orchestral part for
guitar solo. I think there are comments upon that on the text too but at the
moment, as I am travelling, I cannot locate the precise page and chapter.

Krzysztof

Dnia 3-07-2006 o godz. 16:30 Eugene C. Braig IV napisa³(a):
> This comes to me from my friend Joe.  Does anybody know the specific bit
> or
> site he has in mind?
>
> At 08:56 AM 7/3/2006, Joe wrote:
> >Hello, Gentlemen:
> >
> >I was wondering if any of you two might be able to help me.  This is not
> >incredibly important, I just wanted to see if you could point me in the
> >right direction.
> >
> >I'm looking for something Sor wrote (an advertisement, a letter, notes
> in
> >his method, etc.) in regards to transcriptions.  Specifically, he was
> >railing against reducing complex works to pale imitations of their
> >originals in order to fit them on guitar (e.g., multi-instrumental works
> >and complex piano pieces).  I know I saw this publication on the 'net,
> but
> >can't find it now.
> >
> >Are any of you familiar with this bit of writing?
> >
> >Thanks:
> >
> >Joe

Madonna, Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez- zobacz metamorfozy gwiazd!
http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=http%3A%2F%2Fadv.reklama.wp.pl%2Fas%2Faliasdlajustyny.html&sid=808