Please let me introduce myself:

My name is Oscar Au-Alvarez. I am the admin of the recently installed HPC at
the University of Oriente (eastern Cuba). I heard of EasyBuild from Dieter
Roefs who came to my university in a working visitit within VLIRUOS. With
Dieter I realized that EasyBuild is what I need as I have had many headaches
installing, compiling some programs. So I tried to install EasyBuild but have
had problems with the installation.

I have 2 questions:

1- I tried to install EasyBuld bootstrapping it as root, and I got the
following message: " Don't run the EasyBuild bootstrap script as root, since
stage 2 (installing EasyBuild with EasyBuild) will fail"l.
My question is: Why root cannot bootstrap EasyBuild?

2-I tried to install EasyBuild as non-root user with "python bootstrap_eb.py
$HOME/.local", and it starts STAGE 0  but aborts with the following error
message: "urllib2.URLError: <urlopen error [Errno -2] Name or service not
known>"
My question: How do I solve this?