Hi Markus,

On 04/08/16 10:31, Markus Geimer wrote:
All,

It seems that with [2] in place, the dependency resolution already
does "the right thing" as it parses the easyconfig files.  But that
obviously only works if the easyconfig contains the 'hidden'
parameter.  That said, maybe it is sufficient to ensure writing the
'hidden' info (wherever it comes from: 'hidden' flag, 'hide-deps',
'--hidden' command-line option, ...) to the archived easyconfig?
Or am I missing something?
That's probably only a partial solution, since you have no guarantee that the archived easyconfig will be picked up the next time the same installation is needed (the path to the archived easyconfigs is not in the robot path, by default).

I *think* that making the robot consider also hidden modules is as simple as updating the 'find_resolved_modules' function to optionally check also whether the module is available as hidden (which involves tweaking the dep_mod_name to inject a '.', or something like that).

You may need to make a similar change to make dry-run spit out the correct info though, which probably means some refactoring to ensure that both the robot and dry-run use the same function to check whether a module is available or not...

regards,

Kenneth

Markus

[2] https://github.com/hpcugent/easybuild-framework/pull/1837