Hi Ole,

I think Lmod 6.x doesn't support using a modulerc file. This feature was
added in latest Lmod 7.0. See the changelog here
https://github.com/TACC/Lmod

What Lmod 6.x supports is hidding a module if the version in the module
name starts by dot. e.g. a module like "zlib/.1.2.8" would be hidden by
Lmod. To list hidden and non-hidden modules you should do "module av
--show-hidden"

You can generate hidden modules with Easybuild (including the required dot)
using the --hide-deps option
http://easybuild.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Manipulating_
dependencies.html?highlight=hidden#installing-dependencies-as-hidden-
modules-using-hide-deps

You can also use the --hidden option (see build parameters)
http://easybuild.readthedocs.io/en/latest/version-specific/
easyconfig_parameters.html?highlight=hidden

If you are using Lmod 6.x and you want to hide modules you will have to
regenerate the module files to add the required dot. For this the
--module-only option in easybuild can be useful. If you upgrade to Lmod 7.x
you can use the modulerc file and avoid renaming module names.

regards,
Pablo.

--
Pablo Escobar López