Any chance:

toolchainsopts = {'rpath': True]

will be supported in 3.1.2 without requiring
--rpath --experimental  on the command line
as well?

I'm not a big RPATH fan (being raised on RH and Fedora),
but for packages Python-2.7.12-GCCcore-6.3.0-bare and
Python-3.5.2-GCCcore-6.3.0-bare which I use as a builddep
for a variety of Python modules without targeting a particular
final toolchain, its needed for derived modules sanity check
("Import foo") since libpython isn't in LD_LIBRARY_PATH since
it was just a builddep

Anyway..... rpath toolchain opt would be cool for next release
if possible.  Seems to work as I need from the command line
(when I remember to add those to the command line)

jack