On 03/04/2017 21:25, Siddiqui, Shahzeb wrote:

Thanks Ken,

I am not sure either. I have 150+ packages I would like to install on production via RPMs and it would be nice to automate this rather than doing this manually. If it could be implemented through some configuration or environment variable that would be good.

Maybe set EASYBUILD_GPG_KEY=”xxxxxx” that could be used.

That looks like a bad idea, since your GPG key would be leaking in the (debug) log file, in the test report, etc.

So we'd need a mechanism like we have for the GitHub token, where we take care to keep it secret.

Possibly use rpmbuild –sign option, not sure if fpm can handle this in EasyBuild. See https://github.com/jordansissel/fpm/issues/141

If --rpm-sign is supported by FPM, that should be used. This FPM issue was closed after adding support for --rpm-sign (which probably just passes it down to rpmbuild --sign)

regards,

Kenneth

*From:*easybuild-requ...@lists.ugent.be [mailto:easybuild-requ...@lists.ugent.be] *On Behalf Of *Kenneth Hoste
*Sent:* Monday, April 3, 2017 2:35 PM
*To:* easybuild@lists.ugent.be
*Subject:* Re: [easybuild] GPG signing RPM in EasyBuild

On 03/04/2017 18:23, Siddiqui, Shahzeb wrote:

Can we add the –rpm-sign feature to EasyBuild. It would also need a means to import gpg key. Similar to github token, if there is a flag –gpg-key you can set the key and rpmsign will take care of the rest.

Yea, --package-tool-option would work fine so long as it has a some way to address the issue. You can merge the release and few other options in this option

It could be like

package-tool-options = {gpg-key: ‘xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx’, release: ‘1’ }

Support for using eb --package-tool-options="--rpm-sign 'xxx' " is implemented in https://github.com/hpcugent/easybuild-framework/pull/2187 <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_hpcugent_easybuild-2Dframework_pull_2187&d=DwMD-g&c=UE1eNsedaKncO0Yl_u8bfw&r=RMJdCm7m5fiPWhajwKUnEW5yn4eK2YdUWW-MLVShghg&m=njwkluh-wypuGv2_GT9dQf_isF24y1rirpnL0RkPr1U&s=DH9OvxauQKGVKct3yDLCVFOLRgUC-bhWMMd1Abu6_kg&e=> .

This doesn't include support for something like --gpg-key though, I'm not sure if something like that would make sense, i.e. if it's EasyBuild responsibility to keep a GPG key safe...

K.