Dear Inge,

Support for continuing an interrupted build has been requested before, but it's a hard feature to get right in general.

It also causes some (obvious, I guess) concern w.r.t. the reproducibility of the installation: if the compilation fails at some point, you fix the issue by intervening manually, and then use (the currently non-existing) "eb --continue", then you will run into the same issue the next time you do this installation (unless you're very careful and adapt the easyconfig file according to the manual intervention you did).

I'm not saying a feature like this would be useless though, we should definitely try and find some time to finish up Miguel's work, but it should come with a clear warning (and it's never going to be perfect, as Miguel already mentioned).

regards,

Kenneth