Hello Pablo, Kenneth
thank you both for your answers.
I will go now for the foos version to see if I can minimize problems and
succeed in one compilation.
Regarding the environmental variables, I understood that I should define
them as Ken suggested

but still I observed something that I could not figure out.
All is fine if I export the variables after login in.
However, if I add these values to my bashrc, they do look as correctly
defined, but eb still fails to recognize them.

To be clear I will post the example:
With .bashrc:

*EASYBUILD_PREFIX=$HOME/.local/easybuildMODULEPATH=$MODULEPATH:$EASYBUILD_PREFIX/modules/allEASYBUILD_MODULES_TOOL=EnvironmentModulesCEASYBUILD_MODULE_SYNTAX=Tcl*

after login in:

*cari@xc50-2:~> echo
$EASYBUILD_MODULES_TOOLEnvironmentModulesCcari@xc50-2:~> echo
$EASYBUILD_MODULE_SYNTAXTclcari@xc50-2:~> *

but:

*cari@xc50-2:~> eb -S CP2KERROR: Lmod modules tool can not be used, 'lmod'
command is not available; use --modules-tool to specify a different modules
tool to use (EnvironmentModulesC, EnvironmentModulesTcl,
EnvironmentModules, Lmod)*

I still need to add --module-tool and --module-syntax for eb to work, or do
the explicit export.

No big deal, but it is strange.

Thank you again.
I keep my tests and ties now, and exploring the information related to
Cray/CSCS...

Marcelo.