Hi Terje,

many thanks for your insights! This certainly helps a lot. Once I sorted everything out, I will definitely make a PR :)

Sebastian

On 19.02.20 21:28, Terje Kvernes wrote:
Hi Sebastian,

Without claiming any divine authority on the matter, I would suggest separating out
googledownloader and plyfile into their own EasyConfigs, and keeping the rest of the
PyTorch-related extensions in a "PyTorch extensions”-bundle.

It is always a tricky question when to extend more “core” packages and when to
make external bundles, but I’ve certainly started to lean towards using bundles
more. This usually makes the core packages easier to update and reduces the
possible dependency collisions between different extensions, leaving users to
make informed choices (via conflicts when required) about what to load.

If possible, could you create pull requests via --new-pr for these EasyConfigs?
The documentation is fairly straight forward on
https://easybuild.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Integration_with_GitHub.html. I know
some of my users are looking for PyTorch extensions, so I (and probably many
others) would be happy to test and contribute to these EasyConfigs.  :-)