On 29/05/2020 10:46, André Gemünd wrote:
Hi Kenneth,

thanks for that. I'm at a similar point but using foss-2020a. I also wanted to
do Intel afterwards, but I thought I'd start with foss because I had some very
weird errors with CP2k and Intel in the past. I'm currently looking more
closely at Libint (https://github.com/evaleev/libint/wiki)

According to that and the buildflags the cp2k people use, we should be building
Libint with

--enable-eri=1 --enable-eri2=1 --enable-eri3=1 \
         --with-max-am=${LMAX} \
         --with-eri-max-am=${LMAX},$((LMAX-1)) \
         --with-eri2-max-am=$((LMAX+2)),$((LMAX+1)) \
         --with-eri3-max-am=$((LMAX+2)),$((LMAX+1)) \
         --with-opt-am=3

I don't see the easyblock doing that, or did I miss it?

That should be done in the Libint easyconfig, indeed, I'll look into that as well.

I'm also wondering if it might make sense to put the lmax option in the name of
the package to be a bit more generic? On the other hand, increasing lmax
apparently only increases buildtime and library size (according to the README
here: https://github.com/cp2k/libint-cp2k). The cp2k guys themselves offer
prebuilt binaries for up to lmax 7, so maybe that should be our goto as well?
Enabling fortran is not a disadvantage for any other use, so that would be make
the library as generic as possible I guess?

I think it indeed makes perfect sense to "tag" Libint with versionsuffix = '-lmax-7', and not hold back there, unless the build blows up to taking hours and consuming GBs of disk space in the installation directory (and even then...).

Also, it doesn't really matter, but is Python really needed as a builddep? I
guess I'll try it out.

It was added for a reason probably, but I can double check on that...

Could be to avoid relying on the system Python (which could also be Python 3).

regards,

Kenneth

Cheers
André