On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 3:39 AM, Raymond Toy <toy.raym...@gmail.com> wrote:

> (I tried using /usr/sfw/bin/gcc, but failed.  The final link said
> __builtin_nan and __builtin_isfinite were missing.  If you're interested
> in this, I can provide more details.)

Regarding this, I believe the C headers provided by Sun already recognize
GCC and use builtins to implement those functions (nan, isfinite). The
problem is that the GCC compiler is either too old or is being used with
flags that prevent builtins from being used (what would those be?)

Regarding the other things (64-bit compilation flags) I will investigate
whether we can gather those using GMP's database. Otherwise we will end up
duplicating the huge amount of code and log which is already there to detect
the variety of processors and operating systems and their 64-bit/32-bit
flags.

Juanjo

--
Instituto de FĂ­sica Fundamental, CSIC