G'day,

This email presents two issues. I am posting them together as one seems to
reliably reproduce the other.

The issue relevant to ECL is that commit 469c8a5 introduces a problem that
results in one of the following errors:

1. LAMBDA: Keyword expected, got #<illegal pointer 000000010c898170>
2. LAMBDA: Keyword expected, got ..

How to reproduce this error highlights the second issue relating to CFFI.

I have been having difficulties compiling IOLIB with ECL. The cause of the
problem is the ASDF integration component of CFFI grovel. This component
assumes that there is only one output target when compiling lisp files. This
assumption is not valid for ECL as it produces both .o and .fasl files. I have
attached a hack for CFFI (apply to tag v0.10.7.1) that navigates around the
issue. I haven't been able to test it completely.

With the patch applied to CFFI, the evaluation of '(asdf:load-system "iolib")'
should reproduce the first issue.

ECL is compiled with ./configure --prefix=/tmp/ecl/ on OSX 10.7.4 with XCode
4.4.1 installed.

Thanks
Mark

P.S. I will communicate with the maintainers of CFFI  with respect to the
second issue as I don't think it is ECL related.