On 26/06/2013 22:09, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 6:16 PM, William Hounslow <houns...@users.sourceforge.net <mailto:houns...@users.sourceforge.net>> wrote:

    I assume this is a Lisp initialization error message being interpreted
    as the program output. The Apache error log is no more informative.

    Any ideas about what is causing this or how to trap it in order to see
    the full message?

Have you tried wrapping the executable in a script to see whether it produces any error?

Juanjo

This was a good idea:

FILE-ERROR: Filesystem error with pathname "SYS:help.doc"._Either_ 1) the file does not exist, or_ 2) we are not allowed to access the file, or_ 3) the pathname points to a broken symbolic link. Top level in: #. *

I sense we are close to a resolution of this problem.

Many thanks

William