Gmail's new button is for some purpose confusing me all the time with reply
vs reply-all :-/

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciarip...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Subject: Re: [Ecls-list] Problems with updating an external global variable
To: Dietrich Bollmann <dietr...@formgames.org>

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 11:32 AM, Dietrich Bollmann
<dietr...@formgames.org>wrote:

> Is my explanation more understandable this time?

I am afraid I am more confused now. Apart from the fact that your message
appears full of markup (yellow word for some reason), the fact is that I do
not see in this code the version that fails to work. You show me what works
(and what you call a workaround), but I am not able to see what code fails
for you.

See for instance the example I attach. It consists on three different files
all referring to the same constant. The code is working as it should
according to your description, even when the lisp code is evaluated.

I really believe you have some problem with "extern" or "static"
declarations, or something more subtle, such as using lisp constants
(defconstant) that the lisp is allowed to optimize away (assuming that they
remain constant through execution).

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC