On Thu, 27 Apr 1995, Bertina Miller wrote:

> I am a part of the lower class because I make just over the minimum
> yearly income. But I begin to wonder whether the definitions of classes are
> relative depending on the type of educational background as well as how much
> annual income one has.
> I think at times class does play a role in all aspects of life but
> luckily email is one chance in life there is a way for people to
> interact of all classes and backgrounds.
>
> My 2 cents-
> Bertina Miller
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

We are really lucky to have email, the internet, etc., and should be
thankful, but I think it is important to realize that email alone will
not get us in touch with people from all classes and backgrounds.  There
are many people all over the world who probably do not even know what
e-mail is let alone who have the priveledged access to it.  For so many
of these people the issues of the environment and class and gender aren't
just issues to discuss; they are survival issues.  I feel strongly that
ecofeminism needs to connect with people.  Real people with faces and
hands and bodies and hearts.  Real people that are
struggling to survive against all those -isms.  Many  of those people
aren't going to be found on the internet. They are going to be found all
over the world, living lives that make the "poor" in the US and
other developed nations look like they are living the life of royalty.
On my "limited budget," I don't exactly know how I am supposed to do
that.  I don't claim to have all the answers, but I know I want to try.
I believe our struggle needs the validation of those struggling even more
than those of us on the internet.  We need to listen to them.

Thanks for letting me spout on a bit.
Gretchen  :)