Dear Al:

I regret to say this, and I may very well be expressing a minority
opinion, but you certainly seem to be the most prolific writer on this
list (at least your name is one that I always notice)... I am not sure
whether or not you are "posting too much", but I have to be honest and say
that particular threads seem to continue on well past the point of general
interest (you have the habit-- and you are not alone-- of carrying on
specific, almost argumentative dialogue regarding specific opics with
specific people). I do not claim to speak for anyone but myself, but I
think there comes a point when a broader conversation degenerates into a
verbal battle between two people, and it almost seems as though neither
party is truly enthusiastic about new ideas, but instead become more
concerned with making their case (it seems almost unnecessary
to always post to the general list... perhaps such continual, same subject
banter might occur privately after the initial issues are brought to
light)... Again, I might hold a minority opinion-- I just find it a little
disconcerting to find the majority of posts stem not from women, but
from a man who is unfamiliar with many feminist ideas (and then proceeds
to continuously take an argumentative tone for all to read)... In your
defense, I will say that you are not condescending, and instead are extremely
accepting and gracious when attempting to convey your position(s)... on
the whole, however, I become frustrated with the general lack of scholarly
writings which predominate on the ecofem list--if you are not "well versed
in feminism", than maybe another list might be more appropriate... I know
I am inviting much criticism (perhaps justifiably), but I thought I would
just throw out these sentiments regardless... no offense intended... take
care, Jaimie
Jaimie Ann Carboy
Department of Sociology
Georgia State University