Kylie writes to Al:
>>if we accept that we need your 'help'  then we don't end the
patriarchial
>>system.  we are strong enough, intelligent enough, numerous enough
and
>>simply enough.

Agree.  And if we accept that we need men's 'help,' we buy the idea
that there is something intrinsically inferior or incomplete about
women.  As women, we then continue the oppression from within.   As
long as the internalized oppressor is at work in individual women we
cannot recognize or take hold of equality no matter how much things
change on the outside.

In terms of the environment, how can I tell when I am patronizing and
arrogant in my environmental "help" and how does that arrogance keep
me from getting into an equal relationship with the environment/earth?

How are blockades (on logging roads, native land claim sites, union
operated businesses, abortion clinics, et al) any different than the power
tactics used in any dominator system?  Everyone thinks their cause is "right".
What place does civil disobedience play in environmental work?

I'm a person with more questions than answers.  I believe dominator
societies are deeply systemic and it is only in asking questions in a
public forum that I gain the insight to try another way.  It is the
only way I see my own "dis-eased" thinking.    L.

Leanne Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]