This response makes no sense relative to what I wrote.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 1996 07:04:39 MST
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: weeds

Re: weeds.

To study weeds on their own seems reductionist.  Alfred Crosby, Ecological
Imperialism, points out that weeds are the biotic baggage of colonial powers
so that the dandelion becomes the true indicator of the British Empire.  Weeds,
in indigenous cultures, are treated as edible plants, medicinals, etc.  But
the study of weeds must be related back to the human cultures, political
economies, and social organizations that bring the weeds along.

Devon Pena.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]