This didn't get through the ether initially.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Carolyn said..> I wash my hair because I
>like the way it looks, smells and feels when it is clean.  It is something
>that the society I live in expects of me.  I will also remain healthier
>if I do so.  I believe that all these are pretty good reasons for doing
>it.

But are your assumptions ( about health)  correct?  Where did you get them?
They are socially engineered so that you and others will believe this.  It
is in fact not true.  You should wash your hands before eating and after
going to the toilet and have clean food preparation areas and not have
unprotected sex.  But clean hair?  Actually my family decided to go to the
Nullaboor to camp for six weeks and were worried about the health
implications of being unable to wash.  The Doctor said that apart from the
smell, which they would all get used to, there was no problem.  So I'm
afraid you should wash you hair for the asthetics and not for the health
reasons.

Regards
Kylie.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]