Dear All:

This did not make it through the ether initially.  Please notify the
contacts listed in the message; I have no additioal information about
this.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Dear friends,

We are writing you to inform you about the common Food Security
Campaign of A SEED Europe and "Play Fair Europe!", two youth
environmental and development networks.

The Food Security Campaign was established recently to sensibilize
young people and students about the destructive effects of the
"modernization" of agriculture and the liberalization of agricultural
trade.   It denounces both phenomena in terms of the effects that
they have - food insecurity, vanishing biodiversity, the disruption
of rural societies and cultural diversity, plundering of resources
and increased pollution.

The main action planned for this year is "The Hunger Gathering", an
alternative critical forum paralell to the World Food Summit.   It
will bring together over 150 young people from all over the world in Rome
(November 9-18) for a programme that ranges from workshops on fishery
to street theatre, from internet trainings to campaign planning.

We are using The Hunger Gathering as the true starting point of
the campaign.   In Rome we will have extensive discussions on the
future focus of the campaign.   If you want to join the gathering, or if
you are interested about our activities but cannot come, please let us
know - send the slip at the end of this message to

            [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Two final, more practical things:

- we are also producing a regular newsletter called "Food for
Thought", and we would be delighted to receive articles from you.

- We are setting up an information centre at the Hunger Gathering
which will make available mostly leaflet/small publication size
information on food security-related issues (for example case-study
leaflets exposing TNC activities - Nestle...) as well as information
on organisations working on these issues. If you have information you
want to put out there, either on the issues you are working on or on
your organisation, then send us a whole load of them (Remember this
is a gathering of 150! so 200 copies would be advisable). Either send
them to our office in Rome or, if it is closer to you, to the A SEED
Amsterdam office before November 1.

Hunger Gathering Secretariat
c/o Senza Confine
Via Faleria 9
00183 Roma
Italy

For any other question or request please contact:

A SEED Europe                   Play Fair Europe!
Postbus 92066                   Turmstr. 3
1090 AB  Amsterdam              52072 Aachen
The Netherlands                 Germany
Tel +31-20-668 2236             Tel +49-241-80 37 92
Fax +31-20-665 0166             Fax +49-241-87 61 03
email [EMAIL PROTECTED]       email [EMAIL PROTECTED]

################################

Name:

Snail address:

E-mail address (if different than the senders'):

Tel. (with country code):

Fax:

<  > yes, I want to join the Hunger Gathering. Please send me more
information.

<  > I can't join the Gathering, but I want to receive more information
about your activities.   Please put me on your mailing list.

Please write 2 or 3 lines about the areas of action that interest you most:

Send this slip back to
                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

And please forward this e-mail to other people interested in this
topic.   Thank you very much.   In solidarity,

Sergio Hernandez                Stephanie Howard
AStA der RWTH Aachen                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Turmstr. 3                          Tel. +49-241-803792
D-52072 Aachen, Germany             Fax  +49-241-876103