fyi...stefanie

Date: 16 Jun 1997 20:58:05 GMT
From: allyson quinlan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Conservation Ecology, a publication of the Ecological Society of America,
published its first issue on June 15, 1997.  Conservation Ecology is an
electronic, peer-reviewed, scientific journal.  There is no charge for
subscription.

The journal covers a range of topics including the ecological bases
for: i) the conservation of ecosystems, landscapes, species, populations
and genetic diversity, ii) the restoration of ecosystems and habitats, and
iii) the management of resources.  In addition to insightful papers by
such authors as Simon Levin, Steven Carpenter, Don Ludwig, and Carl Folke,
the inaugural issue includes a thought-provoking series on the subject
of science, policy, and advocacy.

Conservation Ecology seeks to tighten the link between research and policy
development.  To that end, we are dedicated to rapid publication of
research results in the widely accessible medium of the Internet.  The
journal solicits comments on published articles and will link those
accepted directly to the article in question.  We will also conduct
on-line public forums, or conferences, on key topics.

Manuscripts are now being accepted for consideration by Conservation
Ecology.  For more information regarding subscriptions and article
submissions visit the Conservation Ecology website at:
http://www.consecol.org.

Stefanie S. Rixecker
Department of Resource Management
Lincoln University, Canterbury