On Tue, 27 Sept. 1994, Gene Hunn wrote:

Hi,

I'm no expert on human anatomy etc., but it is clear that humans lack the
highly specialized grinding teeth & associated muscles of, say, gorillas,
nor do we have gizzards or four stomachs.  Our teeth, at least, would
appear rather unspecialized.  I also believe it is the case that there
are indigenous peoples of arctic & subarctic areas whose diets are
predominantly meat/fish who are quite able to digest such foods without
deleterious health effects.  It is said that an early arctic explorer
(whose name escapes me) trained his crew to eat an "eskimo" diet, rich in
fish & seal oils, etc., that allowed them to avoid the epidemics of
scurvy (Vit C deficiencies) and other problems of earlier expeditions.
Thus it would appear a  matter of adapting to the diet rather than
anything genetic.

Gene Hunn.