>From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sun Oct 18 21:28:54 1998
From: "Joe E. Dees" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 22:29:05 -0500
Subject: Re: family size,etc.

Date sent:              Sun, 18 Oct 1998 17:09:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:                   Bertina Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:                     STUDIES IN WOMEN AND ENVIRONMENT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Originally to:          STUDIES IN WOMEN AND ENVIRONMENT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Progression also means overpopulation. Enough said!
>
> Bertina
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Angela, if we decommissioned all the chemical plants that make the
fertilizer that force crops from otherwise barren ground and
manufacture the pesticides, fungicides and herbicides which kill off
both other plants seeking the fertilizer's nitrogen (and other
nutrients) and our insect and fungal competition for their fruits, if we
closed all the oilwells that fuel the tankers, trucks and trains that
deliver these crops close to all our homes, and all the power plants
and communications networks that keep essential services running,
we would have a die-off of our bloated population that would make
the Black Plague seem merciful by comparison.  That is the
Unabomber's solution; not mine.  Instead, I am in favor of a gradual
drawdown of our population to the point where our ecosystem can
naturally support it, so we are not forced to harm the ecosystem to
sustain our numbers, a strategy that will pass the point of
diminishing returns and collapse in a finite (and not lengthy) time.