Lessee I think it costs about 20 bucks. I contacted the Library of
Congress who does that sorta thing- Heres some info(got this off the
internet):

Claims to copyright in either published or unpublished poetry may
be registered in the Copyright Office. Form TX should be used to
apply for copyright registration for poems. To apply for
registration, send the following material in the same envelope or
package to the Register of Copyrights, Copyright Office, Library
of Congress, Washington, D.C. 20559:

        1. A correctly completed application form; and
        2. A $20.00 nonrefundable filing fee for each application;
           and
        3. A nonreturnable deposit of the work to be registered.

The deposit requirements depend on whether the work has been
published at the time of registration:

        --  If the work is unpublished, one complete copy or
            phonorecord.

        --  If the work was first published in the United States on
            or after January 1, 1978, two complete copies or
            phonorecords of the best edition.

        --  If the work was first published in the United States
            before January 1, 1978, two complete copies or
            phonorecords as first published.

        --  If the work was first published outside of the United
            States, one complete copy or phonorecord of the work as

            first published.
        --  If the work is a contribution to a collective work, and
            published after January 1, 1978, one complete copy or
            phonorecord of the best edition of the collective work.

Published collections of poetry and all of the copyrightable
elements of a unit of publication may be registered on a single
form with a single fee if all of the poems are owned by the same
copyright claimant.

Unpublished collections of two or more poems can be submitted for
registration on a single form with a single fee and deposit of one
complete copy or phonorecord only if all of the following
conditions are met:

        (1) the elements are assembled in an orderly form;
        (2) the combined elements bear a single title identifying the
            collection as a whole;
        (3) the copyright claimant in all of the elements, and the
            collection as a whole, is the same; and
        (4) all of the elements are by the same author, or, if they
            are by different authors, at least one of the authors has
            contributed copyrightable authorship to each of the
            elements.

Registration of an unpublished collection of compositions extends
to each copyrightable selection in the collection, but only the
collection title appears in the Copyright Office catalogs and