Date sent:              Mon, 23 Nov 1998 08:49:28 EST
From:                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To:                     STUDIES IN WOMEN AND ENVIRONMENT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:                Re: ecosystemic wisdom and systemic beliefs/misunderstandings

> << Among the greatest human fallacies is the blind, fervent and
>  unbending devotion to destructive dogmas (such as "Go forth and
>  multiply", "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live", and so on).  As to
>  deific gender, the question you pose as to why pagans assert a
>  feminine nature to divinity is easily turned around; why is it so
>  important to you that your god be a father?  It's the same dime. If it
>  shouldn't be important to us, it shouldn't be important to you.  Joe
>
>  - >>
>
> Hi!
> You know what is destructive - taking things out of context!  The bible says
> go forth yes - but the bible also says be careful not to lay brother on
> brother - I do not remember the exact saying - but it implies do not crowd
> each other in - do not overmultiple - in other words use discretion -
> Regarding the witch thing - if God wants all the power - then why does the
> witch want power?  Explain that to me Joe?  Is the power Gods or the witches?
>
> Peace!
> Angela

Your god is a jealous, power-hogging, sadistic and vainglorious god
(and those are his VIRTUES!).  I, for one, would choose Hell
(although I do not believe in it) rather than having to endure his
bloated, overweening presence!  You assume that there is only one
power, and that it is all your god's!  Of all the conceited and self-
serving assumptions!  And you know what is said about
assumptions, so go ahead and assume!